Google
 

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Transliteration

First time to read this word was while configuring the settings of my blog. There’s an option within the basic page of the settings section of the blogger called “show transliteration button for your post?”, I didn’t get the meaning from this option, it didn’t work anything for me when I switch it to “yes”.

But the important was what benefit I made from reading this line, it’s a new vocabulary. Transliterate has been explained within Oxford dictionary as write (a letter or word) using the closest corresponding letters of a different alphabet or language.

As a matter of fact, everybody around the word, whatever his/her native language is, write words, phrases and sometimes a complete message, by his native language using other language letters, making comparisons to reach the correct vowel sound. Especially when it comes to writing names in a different language, or naming a website or email by English letters.

0 comments: