Google
 

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Anagram

I used to use very useful and easy to use software, which is “Babylon”. It’s a translating tool that employs a great amount of dictionaries (or glossaries as it prefer to call them) to provide users with multiple meaning resources or choices. The dictionaries are so many, you can download as many as you want to use on your computer, or you can subscribe to them to find words meanings while you’re on-line.

One time, I was browsing those dictionaries on the Babylon website when I stumbled with a glossary called “Anagram”; which muddle up my eyebrows! I downloaded it to see what it does! When it was installed and ready to use, I clicked the word “download” to see what will this glossary give me, but I was surprised of the result; it was a single word, which is “woodland”, isn’t it funny!

I tried it on a couple of other word like: “abroad” was converted into “aboard”, “note” to “tone”, “dormitory” to “dirty room”, and a phrase like “television set” was converted into “see? It’s violent!” In a matter of fact, it was a fun glossary, it anagrammatize the word if possible. It doesn’t anagrammatize the word, for real! It looks for it if it has an anagram or not.

0 comments: