Google
 

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Cheaper

I still remember a conversation between me and my cousin from more than three years ago. She was telling me that someone is a cheaper “laughingly”, then she asked me “Did you know what the meaning of cheaper is?”, “Yeah, of course!” I answered rabidly. In a matter of fact, I didn’t! But, at the same time, (if she’d read this!) I really understood her. It was the first time to hear this word, but it was easy to guess.

Days after this conversation, cheaper jumped to my mind, telling myself “Does it really mean what I guessed? I have to check for it in the dictionary”. But from that time to date, whenever a new dictionary, land in my hands, I look for this word just to figure, at last, that this word doesn’t exist in a dictionary, so don’t try to look for it. But if you still don’t get it, it means a stingy person.

And, by the way, my cousin is a native English speaker.

0 comments: